Astral Hoops Tips and Tricks
Atomic V AF Hoop Control Tutorial Video
- Caitlin Morris
2020 Astral Hoops Gift Guide
Interested in Giving the gift of an LED Hoop?! What an AWESOME gift! Here are a few tips.
Ordering the Correct SizeThe most common mistake gift-givers tend to make is ordering the wrong size.
- At Astral Hoops, we measure using the ID, inside diameter.
For example, a 28” ID hoop in 5/8” tubing will have a Total or Outer Diameter (OD) of approx 29.25” (28” + 1.25”)
- We recommend measuring the recipients' favorite/most frequently used hoop! Measure both vertical and horizontal directions (sometimes it's an average of the two)
- Confirm size and tubing specifications with someone that the recipient hoops with, if possible.
- In general, experienced hoopers often use smaller sizes such as 26" and 28", while beginner hoopers prefer larger sizes such as 30" and 32".
- Most importantly, don't lose sleep over selecting the right size! Hoops can be easily exchanged for a different size for up to 60 days after receiving them.
Choosing Tubing Type
There are several different tubing options when ordering a custom hoop. These options are highly dependent on personal preference and hooping style (on the body, off the body, tricks, doubles, etc). Thinner tubing is commonly used for more off the body flow and thicker tubing for the body rockers. When buying a hoop as a gift it's a good idea to check with the recipient to find out his or her preferred tubing type and size.
For more about choosing from our many custom tubing options see B.J.'s Blog Post Choosing the Right Tubing For Your LED Hoop.
Our No Brainer Stock Hoops
Ordering a custom hoop can be overwhelming if you don't know exactly what you're trying to get. Try a stock hoop instead. 80% of our customers order one of our 4 stock sizes. These hoops are built with our most popular options and tubing combinations so you can order one with confidence!
Each of our hoops is carefully handcrafted in our Denver, CO hoopshop. Our focus is on making hoops of the highest quality, not on doing rushed work. Because of this we do not have rush build options and hoops can take longer to make during times of high order volume. Popular stock sized hoops can quickly sell out the later it gets in the season and can take 2 to 3 weeks to to craft more.
Shipping companies such as USPS, UPS, Fedex are facing their own challenges operating during the Covid-19 pandemic. While most of our shipments are reaching customers on time, we have seen some delays. If you need your gift by a certain date, we recommend ordering early to leave a little extra time for your package to reach you.
Free Gift Packaging & Personalized Greeting Card
We understand the Holidays are a bit different. If you're not able to give your gift in person, we can ship it directly to your gift recipient. Include a personalized greeting when adding an Astral Hoop or Wand to your cart and we'll print your message on festive stationary and include it with the shipment!
Returns & Hoop Modifications
Orders can be returned for a refund up to 30 days after the order has shipped and exchanged for up to 60 days after shipped. This may be the most gracious return policy in the biz! See our Return Policy for details. Hoops can also be modified/re-sized anytime down the road.
On a Tight Budget? Shopping For Kids?
Our sectional travel hoops make a great gift! They're an incredible deal for only $39 and most hoopers would love adding a travel hoop to their collection.
Still Not Sure? Play It Safe With A Gift Card
Take the guess work out of buying a hoop for someone with one of our Gift Cards.
- Available in a variety of denominations.
- Delivered electronically.
- Never expire.
Designer for Atomic V AF LED Hoops and WandsDraw your own patterns, upload images, and even send pictures from your phone's camera to the hoop using the new Designer in the AF phone app for iPhone and Android.
- B.J. Nolletti
Atomic V Classic Features
We are thrilled to share all of the fun features of the Atomic V Classic LED Smart Hoops with you! Find tips and details here!
- Megamix - Megamixes combine the chaos of randomization with intelligent transitioning to create a unique mix of patterns every time.
- Color and Speed Control - Customize the color and speed of any mode.
- Battery Meter - Easily monitor your battery life.
- Brightness control - Crank it up for blinding light, or turn it down to increase battery life.
- Favorites - Store up to 30 customized favorites!
- POVs - Original 15 Evoke POVs + 15 all new ones.
- More Rainbow - More stunning rainbow color schemes.
- Comets - Orbit your body with comets.
- Random pattern generators - 5 Random modes create a new pattern every time.
- Intelligent battery management - New intelligent power regulation for longer battery life.
- Caitlin Morris
New Pattern Pack Feature For the Atomic V AF Hoop
We've added a new feature to the iPhone and Android apps that give you access to thousands of new patterns. Use this feature to browse through pattern libraries and preview what they look like on your phone. Then quickly and easily upload and save your favorite patterns to your Atomic V AF hoop. You can also use the app's Desinger to modify and build off of the patterns in these packs. This works with all Atomic V AF Hoops.
- B.J. Nolletti
AF Designer Tips and Tricks
Get the most out of the Designing your own hoop POV patterns with these tips.
- B.J. Nolletti