Work At Astral Hoops
Position: Astral Hoopsmith
Live in the Denver/Arvada and want to be a part of the magic? Hoopsmith duties include: handcrafting our cutting edge LED Hoops, wands, and staffs from start to finish; repairing, modifying, and upgrading existing products; kitting and prepping materials. Starting wage is $12 to $14/hour for this position. Part time and Full time openings available, 25 to 40 hours a week with a flexible schedule.
We are a small company making big waves in the world of hooping and flow arts. We value innovation and creativity and view hoop dance and our hoop creations as art forms that work synergistically together. We consider the hoop to be a tool that can be used to bring joy, expression, and wellness into people's lives. It also serves as a common thread which bonds together people of all backgrounds in the thriving flow arts community. We do what we do because we care passionately about hooping, flow arts, and the meaningful connections they create.
Working for Astral HoopsHooping is playfully fun and also serious business. We feel that hoop-making should be the same. Our LED flow tools look simple on the outside, but are highly complex on the inside. Having and keeping a positive perspective when faced with challenges and being able to have fun while working hard are personal traits that contribute to an enjoyable and successful hoop-making environment. Making extraordinary hoops requires extraordinary people. You don't need to be a hooper to work for us. You do need to have professional experience or aptitude in performing the type of work we do. We're looking for someone who:
- Is fun, positive, and energetic
- Has a strong aptitude for crafting things by hand
- Is proficient with hand tools
- Possess ninja-like soldering skills or the drive and ability to quickly learn them
- Is able to follow policies and procedures
- Is a creative and effective problem solver
- Is goal and deadline driven
- Has a knack for fixing things
- Pays meticulous attention to details
- Is dependable and honest
- Quickly learns, adapts, and thrives in an ever-changing, fast paced environment
- Is 18+ years old
- Must be able to work a minimum of 25 hours a week.
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information. You may attach a resume to the email. Emails must have the following questions clearly answered to be considered.
- Full Name
- Soldering and/or Crafting Experience
- What motivates you?
- Why are you an excellent candidate for the Astral Hoops team?
- Describe any involvement in the flow arts
- List your recent employment history with dates (unless included on resume)
- List other relevant education and experience (unless included on resume)
- Additional Comments (optional)
We look forward to hearing from you!